Tuesday, May 10, 2011

OK this is a good time/place... but isn't it TOO LATE :-o ??

Yes its been a while... on my last post I wrote about: Is this a good time to buy?
Many of you that know me have heard my tongue in cheek remarks that its TOO LATE!
Let me explain, approximately 8 months ago I was at a networking meeting for Hamilton investors. At that time Hamilton was rated by Cutting Edge Research as the #2 spot in Ontario to invest in Real Estate which made myself and other established Hamilton investors somewhat satisfied. Basically this info confirmed my own research and experience.

But isn't it too late to buy in Hamilton?
Wow! That was a zinger of a question that I received from another investor at that meeting. I was floored. That told me several things: first this person was thinking like a speculator, they wanted to get in while the prices were (supposedly) low and sell in a year or 2 as they appreciated rapidly, and second they hadn't done their own research and likely hadn't read any of the ongoing research. I tried to explain that it was not so much 'timing the market' as it was Time in the Market. Hopefully I got my point across.

Ya but what about now - its too late now, isn't it?
OK now I'm being facetious, why? Because now Hamilton is rated as the #1 place in Ontario to invest, for many reasons that I won't elaborate on. Primarily due to the economic growth, proactive planning by their Economic Development Office, and infrastructure implementation.

Listen to this: Everybody wants the best deal, at the best time, in the best place... 
I know because I'm one of them and anybody that works with me can tell you how cranky I get when things don't go right!
Instead of looking for perfection try to keep progressing by investing in areas with strong economic fundamentals, in neighbourhoods you are comfortable with, and make sure your deals have sufficient cashflow and reserves to carry through.

Are you on Facebook - Yes?
Then please go to CFI Properties and 'like' the page. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment