Sunday, February 6, 2011

Do I like it? Am I good at it?

Value & Time
Last post I wrote about the value of time vs the value of money. I explained how time is worth far more since it is not renewable, while money is in fact renewable. Income can increase exponentially and time is finite.
What do I spend time on?
If I'm going to spend time doing something for myself or my business I ask myself two questions:
Do I like it? & Am I good at it?
Obviously yes answer to both questions means I will do it, no to both means I won't. So if its no and I can hire someone to do it, it gets done by someone better and who enjoys it. Its not always cut & dry so common sense and judgement comes into play.

I bet you want a real example, yes?
Recently I came across the opportunity to hire someone to optimize my social network marketing. It didn't take long to figure out this was a no brainer for me. Remember the 2 questions? Yup its no & no so away I went. Dani has already taught me a lot & done a lot, and we're just getting started. The cost was very reasonable and the time saved was immeasurable.

So don't spend time on stuff you dislike and/or you're not good at to save a few bucks. Money is only a medium of exchange, Time is precious, use it, guard it, enjoy it! Life is too short.
Want to see some of what Dani did for me go here:
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/CFI-Properties/188016691218465

And if you want to contact Dani for some very cool Social Networking opportunities, go here:
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/The-Like-Button/173153549369037
You can also try dani@thelikebutton.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment